The eyes are one of the first places to age as emotions, sleep and a myriad of other factors play into an eye’s physique. surgeon Dr. Anu Bajaj, performs eyelid surgery in Oklahoma City to help patients achieve a more rested, youthful appearance.
If your eyes have been bothering you and you have a desire to look more rested, refreshed and alert, aesthetic eyelid surgery at Bajaj Plastic Surgery may be right for you.
Benefits of Eyelid Surgery
- Correcting excess skin that obstructs the natural fold of the upper eyelid.
- Tightening loose skin that hangs down from upper eyelids and may impair vision.
- Correcting bags and dark circles under the eyes
- Reducing a “puffy” appearance to the upper eyelids and helping with “tired” eyes.
- Treating the “crepe paper type” wrinkles of the lower eyelids.
- Correcting eye droopiness
You will have a personal consultation with Dr. Bajaj to determine what eyelid treatment or surgery is best for you.
For your eyelid surgery, Dr. Bajaj will give you the appropriate anesthesia and/or intravenous sedation to keep you comfortable throughout your medical procedure. There are several surgical techniques that may be utilized, depending on your eye’s individual attributes, including the following:
- The amount of skin and fat in your eyelid area.
- The position of your eyebrows.
- Your eyelid’s muscle condition.
Eyelid surgery can include a combination of incisions and laser treatments. You, Dr. Anureet Bajaj and Dr. Paramit Bajaj—Dr. Bajaj’s senior advisor will determine which surgery helps you achieve your optimal look, while keeping in mind and understanding any risks involved.
Eyelid surgery can make you appear more alert and better rested.
Dr. Bajaj will continue to monitor you after your eyelid surgery. Recovery varies greatly among patients, but the first few days after surgery you’ll probably rest quietly and elevate your head. You’ll be prescribed oral medications to help with any discomfort.
Some patients experience mild swelling and bruising the first few weeks, while others have swelling subside the first week. Any bruising you may have will start to diminish within a week to ten days. Most patients use makeup to conceal discolorations the first few weeks following surgery.
You may experience blurry vision and light sensitivity, as well as tearing and dryness. Sometimes eye drops can help relieve any burning or itching. Dr. Bajaj can help you determine what’s best for you.