Body Contouring After Weight Loss in Oklahoma City
Following the success of losing weight, some individuals struggle with the reality of loose skin and tissue. These patients often elect to have body contouring in Oklahoma City, performed by plastic surgeon Dr. Anureet Bajaj.
Dr. Bajaj performs body contouring after major weight loss to help patients feel like they can show off their slimmer physiques. By removing the loose skin on the body, you will appear thinner and more toned. The procedure can also help with comfort and hygiene.
Body Contouring is Best For:
- removing loose skin on many areas of the body
- localized fat removal
- improving hygiene
- overall body slimming and toning
Body Contouring in Oklahoma City
What to Expect:
For your body contouring procedure, the extent of the procedure (number of areas are treated, staged procedures or combined operations, etc.) will dictate whether you receive a local or general anesthetic. The majority of body contouringl surgeries will necessitate a general anesthetic.
Depending where on your body you exhibit loose skin and pockets of fat, Dr. Bajaj may perform a variety of body contouring surgeries.
- Tummy tuck is performed to remove loose skin on the midsection. By removing the protruding tissue and tightening the abdominal muscles, the tummy tuck creates a midsection that appears more toned and slimmer.
- Arm lift surgery is offered to correct loose skin on the upper arms that gives a "bat wing" effect. By removing loose skin at the inner arm, the arms become slimmer and more toned.
- Thigh lift corrects loose tissue on the thighs after weight loss. The removal of this excess tissue slenderizes your upper legs and can also improve the fit of clothing.
- Body lift is an extensive body contouring procedur that combines techniques from the tummy tuck and butt lift. By removing the apron of loose skin from your lower body, Dr. Bajaj can help you greatly improve your quality of life, health and the fit of clothing.
- Breast lift surgeries may be recommended for women who have lost breast volume after weight loss. Dr. Bajaj can tighten loose skin on the breasts to elevate them to a more youthful position.
- Neck lift surgery can remove the loose tissue or fat that hangs below the chin. Often combined with liposuction, the procedure can recontour the jaw area for a more youthful appearance.
- Liposuction is performed to treat small pockets of fat that do not respond to diet and exercise. By suctioning out these localized fat cells, Dr. Bajaj can help you work toward finalizing a more fit body type.
The recovery time after body contouring can vary, but you should expect a few weeks for healing. Please see the dedicated procedure page for details about recovery following the various body contouring procedures offered by Dr. Bajaj.
Learn More About Body Contouring
If you have lost a dramatic amount of weight, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bajaj to learn more about body contouring in Oklahoma City. We are eager to speak with you about the benefits of these procedures. Please contact our plastic surgery office in Oklahoma City by calling 405-810-8448.